Creating a really usable blog that works the way I want it to and that can be incorporated with non-blog content in a single application is an interesting challenge. For instance, I'd like to have a guest post or two here from time to time. And I'd like to essentially run three blogs on the main topics you'll find at the top, and other things that immediately slip my mind right now.
It's also a heck of a way to see if I can collect something that's worth sharing at my day job with MODX. So first things first, lots is borked here (for the time being). I'll update this paragraph when I have it sufficiently un-borked. Not that you really care, but specifically, some of the things I'll have sorted out shortly include:
- OpenID enabled commenting
- An easy way to make managing the various image sizes and cropping for each post a bit less train-wreckish and automated
- Posting videos and photo galleries from my iPhone (via Flickr?)
- Cleaner ways to handle comments and tags
- Most popular and featured posts sidebar
- Clean up the Search
- World peace
- RSS feeds through Feedburner
- Private posts just for the family
Next, combined with what James is doing, I think we might just have us a neat add-on combo for MODX if anyone ever wants to go beyond a basic blog without having to worry about upgrade paths and GPL issues.
In the end, this blog is about the random stream of conscious things that pique my interest, and those seem to usually be inextricably linked to my effort to see MODX continue to mature and grow into the killer ecosystem and become one of the top Open Source apps in use in the world. What do you want to hear from me?